Rogerio Ceni established himself as a Sao Paulo icon as a player but has been let go within just seven months of taking over as head coach.
Over 25 years at Sao Paulo the legendary former goalkeeper made 1,237 appearances, scored 131 goals and won 18 titles before retiring in December 2015.
One year later Ceni returned to Morumbi as head coach, but his tenure proved a disappointing one and has been brought to an end after Sunday s 2-0 loss at Flamengo made it six Campeonato Brasileiro games without a win.
The respect and recognition for the greatness of Rogerio Ceni as a historical figure of this club will be celebrated forever, said Sao Paulo president Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva in a statement confirming Ceni s exit by mutual consent.
The Tricolo…
Multiple reports coming from Turkey claim West Ham forward Enner Valencia is on his road to Besiktas this summer.
The Turkish champions are looking to bolster their ranks ahead of the Champions League season and are reportedly interested in adding the Hammers’ man on a season-long loan deal this summer.
The Ecuador international spent the last season on loan at Everton, who decided not to pursue option to make his deal permanent at Goodison Park.
And with Slaven Bilic not counting on his man, West Ham could be willing to allow Valencia to join Besiktas on loan with an option to buy at the end of campaign.
Valencia has also been linked with Cruz Azul earlier this week, but the Mexican side decided to cool of the interest having learned the Ecuadorian wa…
Atletico Madrid winger Thomas Lemar has not lived up to expectations at the club, according to head coach Diego Simeone.
The 24-year-old, who joined in a €70million deal from Monaco in July 2018, has struggled for consistent form in LaLiga.
The France international has been heavily linked with a possible move to Arsenal this month, although a hamstring injury could complicate any potential mid-season transfer.
Speaking ahead of Saturday s league meeting with Levante, Simeone did not state whether Lemar could be allowed to leave in the January window but did admit the player s performances have been something of a disappointment.
Facts speak better than words. Lemar is an important player who hasn t been able to develop his game but who has characterist…
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho ruled out selling reported Real Madrid target David de Gea this off-season.
The Spain international almost joined Madrid in August 2015, but signed a fresh four-year deal with United the following month.
However, De Gea is still consistently linked to the European and LaLiga champions.
But Mourinho said there was no way the 26-year-old would be making a move this off-season and he believes the shot-stopper is happy at Old Trafford.
I can guarantee he s not going this season. That I can, he told a news conference on Saturday.
And my feeling is that it will be very difficult for him to go. He s a very honest boy, very straight and he was contacted for a long time.
The club was closed and then we ope…